Click column header to sort
The Contracts Specialist position provides support services in three ranges of acquisition activities:
- Pre-Award Acquisition Support: Provide guidance, recommendations and document preparation support to multiple disciplined organizations in all areas of the acquisition pre-award phase. Acquisition pre-award support includes: SOWs, Acquisition Strategy Support, Cost Estimating, Market Research & Market Surveys, Quality Assurance Plans, RFPs/RFQs, Source Selection and other miscellaneous pre-award documentation requirements.
- Award/Selection Support: Provide support to any client offices in all types of source selections including formal, informal, and vendor screening processes. Sources selection and award support includes: Contract Award Documents and Contract Award Acquisition Support.
- Post-Award Acquisition Support: Provide guidance, recommendations and document support to multiple disciplined organizations in all areas of the acquisition post-award phase. Acquisition post-award support includes: Contract Administration, Contract Modification Support, Delivery/Task Order Support, Invoicing, and Closeouts.
Altarum Institute is pleased to announce a new position opening for a Director of Contract and Legal Operations. The new Director will lead the combined Department and serve as the focal point for interaction with the operating units. The Director will report to the CAO, SVP & General Counsel, and will oversee the day-to-day administrative and management functions of the Department. In coordination with the General Counsel, the Director will be responsible for driving the performance of the Department by researching, developing, and implementing operational best practices across a wide-range of areas; and will prepare and monitor the annual budget, as well as long-term fiscal plans for the Department, and direct the development, implementation, and adherence to budgets and systems to achieve operating and financial objectives.
• Successful execution of all activities within the Department.
• Trusted advisor to the General Counsel in a highly visible role, engaging with a wide array of internal and external customers.
• Primary interface of the Department with operating unit directors and deputies to ensure highest quality and timely support is provided.
• Assessment/measurement of performance of support to operating units and other support service departments, and ongoing and continuous improvement efforts to enhance this support.
• Day-to-day management oversight of all Department staff.
Altarum’s Center for Healthy Women and Children is seeking a research analyst to support multiple projects aimed at improving health care systems and services for women, children and adolescents. Specific focus areas may include assessing impact of maternal and child health, women’s health and family planning related programs, analyzing performance measure data, conducting qualitative and quantitative program studies, and disseminating program findings through a range of communication vehicles.
You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge of research design, data analysis, health service systems, and the social determinants of health to generate insights that inform health services solutions. Specific tasks may include data management, statistical analysis, literature reviews, qualitative data collection and analysis, report or publication writing, presentation of results to colleagues or clients and project coordination. During your career at Altarum you will work on many projects and your specific tasks and responsibilities may evolve over time, with the potential to transition into a project management role.
The Healthcare Value Hub at Altarum has an exciting opportunity for a part-time research assistant for a current graduate student interested in health policy and consumer advocacy. The research assistant position is available May 2020-May 2021 in the Washington, DC office with the possibility of an extension.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a respected team of advocates and researchers dedicated to making our health system work better for consumers and patients. A particular focus of this position will be examining evidence with respect to the strategies that successfully address high healthcare costs and healthcare inequities.
About the Healthcare Value Hub:
With support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the Healthcare Value Hub helps advocates around the country address healthcare cost and value issues. The Hub supports and connects consumer advocates across the U.S., providing comprehensive evidenced-based information to help them advocate for change.
The research assistant position is for up to 20 hours per week at $20/hour and may count towards course credit if applicable.
Altarum has an immediate opening for a Senior Health Data Analyst. The position is located at Altarum’s offices in Washington DC, supporting clients of our Center for Military and Veterans Health. Position requires 1-2 days per week performed at client site in Falls Church, Virginia. You will use your analytic skills in a team environment to provide actionable results for Altarum clients in the Federal, state and local government space, as well as non-profits and foundations so that senior leaders in those organizations have reliable data for decision making and improving health outcomes.
The Sr. Pricing & Estimating Analyst position is responsible for the full range of procurement related support services of acquisition activities. In this role, you will be providing pricing and estimating analysis in support of acquisition strategy, cost estimating, pricing matrices, cost volumes and audit support.