A Client Services Manager acts as a trusted health information technology (HIT) advisor to healthcare providers across the State of Michigan, helping providers manage health IT implementations, comply with Federal and State regulations, and adopt best practices. A Client Services Manager supports the Michigan Center for Effective IT Adoption (M-CEITA) project goals by promoting the adoption and meaningful use of electronic health records (EHR) by healthcare providers.
This is a client-facing role, responsible for managing a large number of client relationships and keeping client projects on track. A Client Services Manager effectively manages client communications and engagement, and works directly with physicians, other providers, and office managers to enable achievement of meaningful use standards as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Recruit clients for M-CEITA program participation.
• Guide practices through the process of evaluating and selecting Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT) based on practice’s needs identified during the current state evaluation, practice observations, etc.
• Review, analyze and adapt workflows for EHR vendor-specific Meaningful Use (MU) objectives.
• Track and analyze meaningful use metrics for assigned eligible professionals and identifies process and performance gaps.
• Understand Privacy and Security requirements and lead the client through the completion of the Security Risk Analysis process.
• Work directly with provider and/or office manager in implementing improvement plans.
• Develop education plans to facilitate knowledge of performance improvement strategies, tools and practices within the practice setting and to the staff.
• Educate providers on eligibility requirements for participation in the Medicare and Medicaid EHR incentive programs which are in addition to the MU objectives and measures.
• Assist practices with understanding and calculating annual encounter eligibility thresholds required for the Medicaid EHR incentive program. This includes group proxy rules and individual eligibility requirements.
• Serve as a liaison between the State of Michigan Medicaid team and the MCEITA client.
• Help clients complete the registration and attestation processes for the EHR incentive program.
• Assist clients with reporting and resolving EHR performance issues interfering with MU attainment.
• Ensure proper coordination of resources, leveraging internal expertise and competences.
• Travel regionally in SE Michigan as needed to meet with managers, physicians, and partners.
In order to meet the objectives described above, a Client Services Manager should have:
• 3+ years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting, including working experience in health IT and knowledge of HIE/HIT/EHR adoption, implementation and use.
• Demonstrated knowledge of measurement and reporting of clinical process in ambulatory settings.
• Strong understanding of data collection purposes, methods, and tools; and quality and performance measures associated with current Meaningful Use provisions associated with the HITECH Act.
• An inquisitive and innovative nature, excellent critical and analytical thinking skills, integrity, willingness to step into new roles, strong communication and facilitation skills, team-focused mentality, and a commitment to continuously learning and improving.
• Ability to lead and motivate clinical staff to develop and implement meaningful use objectives.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.