What you’ll do:
- You process information like an engineer, dream of front-end applications like a creative designer, have the drive of a hungry-entrepreneur BUT maintain the voice of a diplomat.
- Interpret and break down technical requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Complete front-end / back-end development as needed using some of the following tools: Python, Django, jQuery, CSS, HTML
- Utilize MySQL, Redshift, or related tools to cary out end-to-end testing.
- Engineer and execute high-quality tests including Functional, Regression, Integration, and E2E to meet design specifications.
- You are product person who is passionate about solving real problems with technology. As the bridge between technical and business worlds, it’s essential that you are a guiding light, constantly organizing and executing strategy based on data driven decisions and hypotheses, aligning with company leaders, executing and measuring result.
- You want to build things that matter. You are a self-starter that places high value on quantitative analysis to drive product management towards scale and growth. You understand project prioritization at a macro level, but live in the trenches with the teams to outline details, guide execution and own accountability.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on strategic and operational challenges faced by health systems in pursuing a value-based care agenda
- Interact with health system leaders and front-line staff to gather input on strategic priorities and share back opportunities for digital solutions to drive innovation
- Collaboratively engage health system leaders on the business case for action, framing decisions around the best fit solutions that address their challenges: (1) Interact with provider members to assess strategic context and operational constraints, (2) Develop a fact-based perspective on customer/end-user needs, constraints and opportunities, (3) Estimate the value potential of executing on specific innovation opportunities and (4) Interact with technology-enabled solution vendors to evaluate solution effectiveness
- Support “beta” clients interacting with Payformance Solutions products.
- Plan and facilitate functional design sessions.
- Create and maintain system design and operational procedure documentation.Provide guidance and feedback to more junior team members, contributing to an innovative and team-oriented work environment with individual accountability and ownership to the success of the company
Qualifications: What you’ll bring to the table:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in computer engineering
- Prior experience analyzing large sets of data
- Prior experience in QA / testing including Functional, Regression, Integration, and E2E, as well as tools such MySQL and Redshift
- Excellent presentation and whiteboarding skills
- 15+ years’ experience within the healthcare sector, preferably with direct experience working with or for healthcare providers in a strategic or operational capacity. Knowledge of Provider Contracting.
- Experience working with healthcare claim codes (e.g., ICD9, ICD10, HCPCS, CPT)
- Advanced degree in healthcare (MPH, MHA) or MBA with a focus in healthcare.
- Knowledge of and experience with value-based care contracts and outcomes.
- Ability to synthesize and derive insights from large amounts of activity in the healthcare market.
- Interest in and/or experience with innovative technology-enabled healthcare solutions (e.g., digital health); experience with health care venture capital or solution implementation a plus.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present to internal and external senior management teams.
- Comfort working in an entrepreneurial environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- Capability to succeed in a dynamic environment and produce multiple deliverables within tight timeframes.
- Proven ability to interact directly with clients and effectively understand needs while managing expectations
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
- Proven ability to effectively work both independently and within a team
- Position is based in Chicago
How we’ll support you:
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Payformance’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We offer an outstanding benefits program that includes:
- A competitive annual salary
- 100% employer-paid medical option (employee, spouse, family)
- 100% employer-paid life insurance policy
- 100% employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan (5% employer contribution)
- Healthy work/life balance… Our flexible office hours and time-off allows you to make the most of your time in and out of the office to fit your needs. Plus, an optional work-from-home day once a week (after 3 months)
- Paid maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual personal learning budget (books, conferences, etc.)
- Thirsty Thursday team building events
- Free gym Access
- Awesome coworkers
- Work with a highly collaborative and values-driven team
Not to boast, but a little bit about us:
Payformance Solutions is a health-tech company dedicated to advancing payment transformation in the healthcare industry. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Altarum Institute, a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946.
Altarum Institute combines the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum develops and promote best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytic objectivity, we work to increase access to health information; improve the organization and usability of health information; and develop new knowledge from health information. We work to achieve these goals by addressing all aspects of information technology —policy and planning efforts, system design and development, information exchange, and the management and evaluation of specific information technology and strategies.
At Payformance, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate, support, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. Payformance Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
To all recruitment agencies: Payformance does not accept agency resumes, we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.