Altarum is seeking Project Managers to join our Center for Connected Health (CCH) group in Lansing, MI to work in a very fast-paced, demanding, but rewarding, consulting environment. A Project Manager in the Center for Connected Health group is responsible for managing a broad range of analytic/technical, software development, and consulting activities for the Illinois Michigan Alliance for Core Technology (IMPACT) Initiative. The Project Manager will use their expertise in areas such as Medicaid, MMIS, MITA, ACA, CORE, & HIPAA to lead
improvements to state processes and multi-state sharing of a cloud-based MMIS. The Project Manager will participate in all aspects of client work including providing guidance and expertise to clients, project planning, facilitating large group sessions and client presentations.
For more than 20 years Altarum has worked with federal, state, local, and private clients to develop and promote best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytical objectivity, Altarum works to increase access to health information, improve the organization and usability of health information, and develop new knowledge from health information. We work to achieve these goals by addressing all aspects of information technology —policy and planning efforts, system design and development, information exchange, and the management and evaluation of specific information technology and strategies. Our staff members are sought for their expertise, leadership and integrity – we are researchers, developers and consultants working to create and promote best practices in the application of IT to health and healthcare.
• Responsible for planning, managing and executing research and consulting projects from beginning to end, within budget and time constraints.
• Provides professional client interface, ensuring responsiveness to client requirements and concerns.
• Responsible for quality assurance and control for all processes and deliverables.
• Manages processes for budgets, timelines, technical documentation, project briefings and reviews, quality assurance documents, and all contract deliverables.
• Proactively assesses progress, vulnerabilities, and risks. Identifies potential crises and develops and executes contingency plans.
• Continually identifies lessons learned, evaluates completed tasks and makes process improvements based upon successful and unsuccessful project elements. Develops best practices to share across CCH.
Altarum is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, since 1946. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI our focus is solely on improving health and health care. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based solutions to its clients and funders. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.