Altarum Institute is seeking a Healthcare Analyst in our Health Innovation and Technical Assistance (HITA) practice area to support projects in Lansing, MI. The Analyst will use their expertise in areas such as HIPAA Administrative Simplification, Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS), Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, ACA, and CORE to improve and augment current state processes, and participate in all aspects of client work including providing guidance and expertise to clients.
Applying systems research principles and analytical objectivity, the Analyst will work to increase access to health information, improve the organization and usability of health information and develop new knowledge from health information. The Analyst will work with Altarum staff, state agencies, physicians, physician organizations (POs), and health systems in developing and promoting best practices in the application of information technology to health and healthcare within the State of Michigan. Altarum is seeking an accomplished, talented, highly ambitious and motivated individual with a strong work ethic and desire to make a difference in ensuring Medicaid services are delivered more efficiently and effectively.
• Strong institutional knowledge of Medicaid; including Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA), and Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS).
• Subject matter expertise in areas such as HIPAA Administrative Simplification Provisions, HIPAA transaction and code set standards, Affordable Care Act (ACA), Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE), & Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act.
• Experience in health care, practice management, quality management and/or clinical care.
• Bachelor's degree in Public Policy, Healthcare Management, Business, Economics, Statistics or other related area of concentration.
• The ability to receive and convey information in ways that encourage continued dialogue among stakeholders. Effective communication involves strong written and oral transmission skills, responsive listening, and use of creative strategies for exchanging information.
• Strong analytical and management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.